Home Repair Specialist
30 hours per week
The Home Repair Specialist, reporting to the Senior Program & Operations Manager, performs minor and emergency repairs, including falls prevention modifications, to the homes of lower-income senior residents in the target area. Repairs should enhance elderly residents' health and safety, improving the likelihood that they will live independently and be able to remain in their homes and communities.
1. Minimum of five (5) years of carpentry experience or a related field.
2. Must have ability to inspect homes for health and safety violations; knowledge of local codes and standards essential.
3. Must have experience in writing job specifications and reviewing sub-contracted bids.
4. Ability to maintain accurate work records as needed and must have own tools and transportation.
5. Prior experience with elderly population desirable as well as ability to work in collaboration with other agencies.
1. Conduct inspection of homes and diagnose repair needs.
2. Conduct falls prevention assessments as appropriate.
3. Conduct minor and emergency repairs of elderly homeowners' homes in accordance with program, agency and funding source guidelines.
4. Order and purchase building materials as needed to perform repairs in accordance with agency and funding source guidelines.
5. Write-up job specifications of work to be done.
6. Assist with review of sub-contractor bids in accordance with agency and funding source guidelines if needed.
7. Supervise, as needed, work of sub-contractors to insure satisfactory completion of the job.
8. Maintain adequate records of work in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
9. Assist in the preparation of reports on a regular basis for agency and funding sources.
10. Assist with emergency phone coverage if needed.
11. Attend program and agency staff meetings.
12. Make recommendations to improve program and service effectiveness.
13. Represent agency at assigned meetings as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodation)
Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and be capable of repetitive motion.
Position requires exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Work requires close visual acuity; visual acuity to perform mechanical or skilled trade tasks of a non-repetitive nature; visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
Position requires exposure to outside environmental conditions. Must have a car and basic tools of the trade for minor repairs.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.