Since 1998, the GED Plus program has been providing students with adult basic education and high school equivalency test preparation for out-of-school youth. We have assisted over 400 youth with earning the HiSet (formerly GED) diploma and accessing college, vocational training and employment in their effort to secure better life outcomes for themselves and their families. At GED Plus students learn the academic core competencies of English Language Arts – reading and writing, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science. Knowledge in these 5 areas is needed to pass the HiSet (High School Equivalency Test).
To sign up, contact Idalin Andrades at 617-541-2646 or via email email@example.com
Intake includes the application, interview, and placement test.
You must provide proofs of age, address, and income to be enrolled.
We look forward to meeting you!
All GED Plus class are Tuesday – Thursday from September to June.
Mornings 9 – 1:30 or Evenings 6-9.
Morning classes meet at GED Plus, 7 Palmer St., 2nd Floor, Roxbury
Evening classes meet at Egleston YMCA, 3134 Washington St., Jamaica Plain
GED Plus provides students with access to:
- A flexible class schedule. Classes are held 3 days a week in Roxbury or Jamaica Plain; mornings or evenings.
- Free transportation through a monthly student MBTA pass.
- Bi-weekly stipends ($100) for participation in GED Plus classes and trades training through YouthBuild Boston.
- Purchase of a $50 Chromebook computer after 15 hours of Tech Goes Home Training.
- Weekly training to learn more about different students interest and career options including field trips and on-site access to partnering agencies.
- Distance Learning with options to accelerate learning.
- A caring and supportive staff who want all students to succeed and meet their goals.
Additional Support Information