The Boston Youthbuild Collaborative (BYC) is a 6 – 9 month building trades exploration program. BYC is geared towards students earning their high school equivalency diploma (HiSet) through GED Plus who are also interested in community building and training opportunities (provided by YouthBuild Boston). If you are between the ages of 16 -24, you are eligible to:
– Earn up to $400/month (weekly stipends)
– Graduate with construction industry-related credentials: OSHA 10, Lead Safe, First Aid/Adult CPR, 2A/1C Hoisting Training, Signalperson Rigger Certifications, & HiSet
– Receive training on a working construction site. You will learn rough carpentry, painting, landscaping, and facilities maintenance.
– Give back and improve your community through weekly community service projects.
– Participate in work-readiness training that includes: building your resume, job shadowing, and internships.
Even if you are not interested in career in the construction trades, you will receive supports to pursue college, advanced training opportunities, and job search supports to enter a variety of career fields. BYC’s college partners include: Benjamin Franklin Institute, Roxbury Community College, and Wentworth Institute of Technology.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICANTS